AS16 + ASCA B623903.02.2017
– Fixed an issue where custom weather METAR was not included in current_wx_snapshot.txt
– Added functionality where Disabling cloud motion effect (cloud options) now prevents all high-res cloud detection and should improve performance when in/near clouds
– Attempted improved P3D volumetric fog visibility blending to prevent visibility from rendering too low in certain cases as well as improving performance
– Fixed a get runway API issue
– P3D Compatibility Updates for version 220.127.116.1168
– Added new Random Light Chop Percentage option, default 25%, which controls the frequency of experience random light chop turbulence independent of weather conditions
– Adjusted wind/jet layer boundary turbulence triggers to be less severe based on user feedback
– Fixed annoyance issue where AS wx theme would not be selected in saved flights as a BMP theme file was missing (did not affect weather depiction, only wx theme name shown in saved flights)
– Added reference to FSX:SE with explanation of potential path names within Simconnect chapters of the user’s guide
– Improved documentation regarding maximum wind shear setting affecting gusts, and added this notation in the options detail (options UI)ASCA
– Adjusted all overcast models for increased performance
– Added new Overcast Quality slider setting providing 3 options: High Performance (full left), Balanced (middle) and High Quality (right). Higher performance = less coverage and higher frame rates. Higher quality = more coverage and lower frame rates. Defaults to Balanced, which is improved in frames approximately 20% from previous SP1 overcast, with minimal coverage loss.
– Updated documentation to reflect changes, and added a Performance Considerations section which is a recommended read for all ASCA users.